Saturday, January 21, 2012

Biblical Reflection (Psalm 119:176)

So, this blog isn't just about being gay, but also about being Christian. I'm going to start doing some posts that are just some reflections on some verses that have meant a lot to me throughout my life and my walk with God. The verse that this post will focus on is Psalm 119:176, which is by far the most important verse in my life.
"I have gone astray like a lost sheep;
seek your servant,
for I do not forget Your commandments"

Let’s face it; we're all pretty screwed up. We will all go astray, we will all fail and we will all continue to sin for as long as we are alive. That’s a pretty depressing outlook on life. But we have a promise, we have a hope: God will seek us out for as long as we remember him and his commands. This passage was written by King David, but I always read it in a slightly different way, as if God were saying it to me:

"You have gone astray like a lost sheep;
but I will seek out my servant,
for you have not forgotten me in your time of need"

Now that is a love that I cannot begin to understand. If it were me, I would have grown tired of seeking out servants who will never cease to go astray a long time ago. But God loves us so much, that He will always seek us out, as long as we remember Him. That is the kind of hope we can rest assured in, that will keep us going through the worst times of our lives.

"And now to him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen." Jude 24

No comments:

Post a Comment